Nothing quite says Christmas like a steaming mug of hot cocoa and some snuggly slippers.
Whilst we can’t supply snuggly slippers for you lovely lot, we do have something else up our sleeve – a white hot chocolate recipe, perfect for making with the kids on chilling winter nights!
We love this twist on the traditional milk chocolate version, not only because white chocolate is super delicious, but also because even if it’s not snowing outside, you’ve got your White Christmas in a cup! Yum yum!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 150g white chocolate
- 250ml almond milk
- 250ml full-fat milk (or soya)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A squirt of whipped cream, a few tiny marshmallows, or colourful sprinkles (for decoration)
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milks and chocolate until completely melted.
- On a low heat, whisk in the vanilla and cinnamon until fully combined.
- Pour into warm mugs (if you’re feeling festive) or into large glasses (if you’re feeling super sophisticated).
- Sprinkle your chosen decoration on top and sip up! (Be careful not to burn your mouth if it’s piping hot!)